Monday, June 8, 2015

I have a pretty good sense of direction.  There have been few times I have been lost and so disoriented that I didn't know which way to go.  I've noticed recently though there is a place that I can get lost in and not realize the huge amount of time spent.  Facebook.  For the most part, I see it as a good thing.  But like anything, if taken to the extreme it can rob me of other great things...like time and living my life!

I can spend a lot of time reading, scanning, stalking, I mean catching up with friends and their lives that I forget to live my own life.  I've also noticed the temptation to fall into the "Facebook reality mode."  If I'm not careful, I can get so caught up in other people's lives and activity that I become depressed with my 'boring life.'  Everybody seems to be going places, experiencing the greatest food, and hanging out with really cool people.  Am I the only one not doing those things?  I begin buying into the lie: 'I'm a nobody who's life is really boring.'  Not True!  Well, it can be true if I exist only in Facebook world!  Am I the only one who has been sucked into the Facebook vortex?  I'm open to your thoughts and suggestions on how you maneuver this maze!  In the mean time I'm going to go run a couple of miles!

Marty 


No comments:

Post a Comment