Friday, May 8, 2015

Thinking about mom!

1968
It has been 14 years since I had a conversation with my mom.  No, there isn't a relational rift between her and I: just a gap between "here" and "there."  Mom's with Jesus and has been basking in perfect love.  I've just completed my Mother's Day message for Sunday
and again have realized what an awesome, loving, funny, resilient, godly, woman she is.  Just because she's not in this world doesn't mean who she was has ceased to exist with Jesus!

I wish I had some time with her.  There are always those things you wished you would have said but didn't or be able to clarify (in my case admit, confess, & seek forgiveness for).  This Mother's Day I am grateful for a mom who taught me to love selflessly, laugh often, & live life with all you've got.  The values of mom brought value to me! Thanks Mom and say Hi to Jesus for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment