Saturday, January 4, 2014

Signs of Life


This morning it was 3 below zero F.  From the inside of my house I could see the glistening of the ice crystals in the trees.  It’s beautiful from the inside looking out.  But once I stepped outside the beauty was quickly forgotten as my survival instinct to stay warm kicked in.  There are not many signs of life outside on days like this.  I’m not concerned at all about mowing the lawn or caring for the landscaping. But life is still pulsating even when I can’t see it.  Underneath the layers of snow and cold there are creatures and plants still alive. 

My view for life needs to begin as I did this morning, from the inside out.  Sometimes I get so caught up with the “outside” of life, I neglect the real place where life comes, deep inside of me: My Heart for it’s the wellspring of Life.  So, on this cold January day I need to look to the originator of life to fill me with his breath to carry on another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment