Thursday, January 19, 2012

Up Close and Personal

Okay, I just had another experience that kind of surprised me.  I got to be on the sidelines of the Tour Down Under professional bike race.  Go figure!  I have watched several times portions of the Tour De France on television and never thought I would see something like that in person.  This event draws riders and spectators from all over the world.  Goolwa is one of the towns the tour passes through on it's third leg of the Tour.  On television you get to follow the bikers as they ride the course, you get the bird's eye view of the lead riders and the distance that separates the peloton, in person...not so much.  As you can see from the video the experience lasted only a few seconds.  http://youtu.be/eRP03XHyTQY The video doesn't do justice the speed or force of the riders.  I'm sure there are some deep spiritual insights, parallels, or truths that can be drawn from this experience but for now I'm just enjoying the experience and the cool summer breeze in South Australia!

Be Blessed,
Marty

2 comments:

  1. Very cool. It's funny, I glanced at the photo and thought, "that's Thompson Ave in Ventura!" Made me a little homesick. Hate to be in the middle of a wreck in that tangle. Look forward to your "Reflections from the Race." Be well...Ben

    ReplyDelete
  2. the day before there was a wreck on one guy broke his neck!

    ReplyDelete