Friday, March 1, 2013

Ahead of My Time!

Last Friday, February 21st we left Adelaide, South Australia at 12:15pm for a flight back to the U.S.  We arrived in San Fransisco, California on Friday, February 21st at 10:58am!  I can say without hesitation, "I'm a man ahead of my time."  I wonder if we were created for such travel.  Think about it, if we were to travel the same distance at the pace of a car, our bodies would be able to adjust to the many times zones crossed.  With air travel, the shock to my body of traveling half way around the world where night is day and day is night takes quite a while for my body and mind to catch up with the reality of the time zone I'm currently in!  Some say that for every hour the time difference in travel, allow one day for your body to adjust.  So, with there being a 16 !/2 hour time difference from South Australia to Indiana we should be adjusted by March 11th!  The only problem, by that time we will be back in OZ readjusting all over again.  The trip back will result in us loosing a day but jumping ahead in time.  So, I guess you could say we'll be heading Back to the Future!  

Happy Trails,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment