Sunday, August 19, 2012

Recovery or Taking it Easy?

One would think that if you train and run a marathon the results of that training would remain for longer than a week or two!  After I had finished the marathon I read and heard about recovery.  I intentionally decided I would "take it easy" after my marathon.  I am learning there is a big difference between recovery and "taking it easy!"

I'm back in the groove again to GET BACK IN SHAPE.  My break from a training routine needs to be over.  I don't like the early warning signs of "Lazy Boy-itis." I was really surprised to learn how quickly my body relaxed into non exercise mode.  As I think about this, I can see how a "taking it easy" type of attitude affects other areas of my life: faith, relationships, vocation, learning, hobbies...the list goes on and on! If I give in to the desire to just stop for a while, how quickly will deterioration begin to set in?  The danger here is to be obsessed and driven in all these areas which cause more issues down the road.  What I'm talking about here is balance. There in lies the great challenge in life doesn't it?  I would be interested to hear how you strike balance in our life!

Marty

1 comment:

  1. I think there's a big difference in "recovery" and "taking it easy"....and if I weren't headed to "recovery" (church) this morning, I could elaborate:^)

    ReplyDelete