Wednesday, December 21, 2011

It's Christmas Time!

I was asked the other day what the word Christmas means.  My answer: "it means Christ Mass or the Mass of Christ."  I then did a little research and learned it is associated with the celebration of the Lord's Supper.  I am struck at how we celebrate the birth of Christ with a word that goes right to the heart of the mission of Christ...to give his life as a ransom for us.  He came to bring fulfillment to life and connection back to the Father!  May you be blessed this Christmas with the realization that Jesus loves you.  I don't know about you, but that gives me hope and a reason to celebrate!!!

By the way, this Christmas there are a lot of firsts for me: 1. long daylight hours, 2. Caroling in sandals and shorts, & 3. 80 F weather.  (Sorry, just had to mention that!)

Merry Christmas,

Marty

1 comment:

  1. Really love the statement you make "I am struck at how we celebrate the birth of Christ with a word that goes right to the heart of the mission of Christ...to give his life as a ransom for us." We are the reason for the season!

    Keep writing...Ben

    ReplyDelete