Sunday, May 19, 2013

Make A Decision!

Every day I’m making decisions: what do I eat, what do I wear, how I will respond, what should I say?  It's all about choice! It would be interesting to track how many decisions we make each day.  I’m guessing it would be in the thousands. 

Some decisions are easy and don’t take much thought: do I breath today, do I eat, should I wear clothes? YES!  Should I tune the radio to a Country Music station, NO!  Others are really complex: do I tell them the hard truth, do I get involved, when should I pull back?

The last few months have been packed full of some really big decisions for me and my family: should I accept the job, when do we move, where do we live, what do we do in the transition time?  I would hope that even in the midst of some really big decisions there has been one overriding constant.  A decision that’s been a no brainer, the decision to be joyful no matter what…even in setting up a cell phone plan!  I have to confess, the decision to be joyful no matter what the circumstances hasn’t been as easy as breathing, eating, or will I wear clothes today.  To be joyful is a decision much like: will I run today, will I eat healthy, will I do the hard things first?  And, it has some incredible benefits much like exercise, healthy eating, and prioritizing my day: joy brings perspective; joy brings, well…joy.  I’ve seen it again and again out in the shops what a smile will do for a weary cashier, stock person, or frenzied shopper.  Joy can be contagious and affect more than just me.  So, what will it be?  Today, I choose Joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment