Sunday, June 5, 2011

30 Years and Still Counting

June 6th, 1981 I married my best friend, Ruthann.  It doesn't seem possible that 30 years have come and gone.  But, when I think back over the years we have shared, the awesome memories remind me of the life we have lived together.  If I were to sum up the last 30 years in 3 words, it would be: a Grand ADVENTURE!  We have had some really cool adventures over the years.  We've traveled together, raised a daughter together, been involved in ministry together, built homes together.  There is a lot of fond memories we've built over the years.  Over the last 30 years we have seen God time and time again provide for our needs and even some of our wants, comfort us through disappointments and painful situations, hold us when life seemed to be falling a part, and remind us over and over again that he loves us and has a hope and a future for our lives.  We've been blessed!

Happy Anniversary Ruthann.  I love you dearly.  You've been such a wonderful friend, lover, and companion over the years and I look forward to the next leg of our adventure together.  Thank you for the best years of my life!

2 comments:

  1. Congrarts to you both! Praying for you often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary Ruthann and Marty! WoW! 30 years! The time flew by, didn't it? We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete