Friday, May 6, 2011

A Royal Evening!!!


OK, this post may just mean I need to hand in my man badge...!  Last Friday night here in Australia was the wedding of Kate and William.  It's interesting being in a country that is a part of the Common Wealth and experiencing such an event.  Being a male and from a former Colony, I didn't really see what the big deal was.  I knew it was captivating a lot of attention here by the commercials and TV specials being aired WEEKS before.  Then, Ruthann announces to me her desire to host a Royal Wedding Party!  WHAT???  This meant I needed to find refuge somewhere else.  So, I thought I had plans to eat out with a friend and then go to his house a "play" Mac computers (he had just seen the light and entered into ownership of an Mac desktop).  Earlier in the day I rang him to find out more details and when I asked about tea time (supper) he replied: "Well, we're eating at your house!"  Unbeknown to me the plans had changed.  I was about to experience a Royal Wedding!!!  

Shortly before the ladies and one guy were to arrive I sensed Ruthann getting ready to explore a possibility!  As she came out of the bedroom, I gazed upon not the normal run of the mill, we're having people over attire, but Ruthann dressed to kill: Pearl necklace, dangling earrings, sleek blue dress, and high heels. (Sorry to burst some of your bubbles that thought this is the way Ruthann always dresses for tea!)  She was stunning!  At that point I looked down at my tattered jeans and T-shirt and wondered if my life was about to change?  As you can see from the picture I was able to locate the tuxedo shirt and tie with very little effort...the tiara was a little harder to find!  I still had on my jeans.  As people arrived I was designated as the doorman and soon the party was off and running!  In the crowd were two ladies who immigrated to Australia from England, two Canadians, and two Australian's.  The one thing that really did save the night was the food.  Each lady brought a "plate to share." Fortunately, each lady loaded some awesome food to each plate!  Shortly after the meal and the wedding had commenced it became exceedingly clear that my personal commentary on the whole Royal Extravaganza wasn't appreciated...so Ralph and I made our exit.  When we returned to the house, we arrived just as the wedding was over and dessert was being served: SCORE!  Seriously, I am really grateful Ruthann had this time of sharing this event and making some good friends.  My closing comment to this post is very simple and directed at Prince Harry:  ELOPE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment